Disco_Stu

Re: N64 HDMI converter thread

Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:05 am

The installation with the flex cable looks marvelous! Also loving the look of the backside of the orange console :D
//Stu

Tsurugi_Takuma

Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:49 am

i know people hated me for asking but marshallh i'd like to know how far along is it?
In the splash page it says: "UltraHDMI isn't quite ready yet, but will be soon!". That pretty much covers it, doesn't it you crazy crazy Italian plumber :?

@Marshall: I'm drooling! Hopefully my playroom will be ready when this comes out :D

Trog13

Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:48 pm

I'm worried this will wind up being one of those things that sells out instantly or I can't get a hold of a seller.

I would be very sad.

dsx

Fri May 01, 2015 5:23 am

i thought the n64 output 44.1khz audio, does that mean the 48khz output would be resampled? is there a setting to change this?

meneerbeer

Fri May 01, 2015 5:42 am

i thought the n64 output 44.1khz audio, does that mean the 48khz output would be resampled? is there a setting to change this?
I believe the N64 uses multiple sample rates (different per game) and they also seem too far off from a standard rate, so some TVs would have trouble with it.

How is the compatibility with the direct mode? Does it output as a standard format? I believe the N64 uses an odd pixel clock and also an odd amount of pixels per line that does not really comply with any standard. Did you find a way around this or do you just need to be lucky that your TV accepts it? When I see the statement about lag, it does not seem you are linedoubling the incoming 240p/480i signal.

supermario3

Fri May 01, 2015 12:49 pm

marshallh when this comes out can you give a recommendation on who we should buy the system from?

luk

Sat May 02, 2015 4:23 am

Hi Marshall thanks for doing this, awesome work i cant wait until its done :)

whyat

Sun May 03, 2015 9:56 am

Hey marshall, I am a bit confused. When you say "I won't sell the mod myself. Installing the mod is pretty tricky and requires decent soldering skill. Instead, you'll buy them from installers/resellers. There are already people all over the world who are setting up to do installs. Final pricing is also up to them.", do you mean I have to buy the board from a person who does installing even though I am perfectly able install it myself, or for the board only do we purchase it from you and not a re-seller?

Tsurugi_Takuma

Sun May 03, 2015 12:23 pm

Hey marshall, I am a bit confused. When you say "I won't sell the mod myself. Installing the mod is pretty tricky and requires decent soldering skill. Instead, you'll buy them from installers/resellers. There are already people all over the world who are setting up to do installs. Final pricing is also up to them.", do you mean I have to buy the board from a person who does installing even though I am perfectly able install it myself, or for the board only do we purchase it from you and not a re-seller?
Some resellers might provide installation, some might provide the board only for your pleasure. Only time will tell which way it will be sold to us since it will be out of Marshalls hands.

qwhacker

Fri May 08, 2015 7:39 pm

Might be a dumb idea, but have you considered doing a Kickstarter-ish thing for this at all? I feel like a big bulk order through something like that could lead to cheaper per unit build price. I guess it would be a decent headache to run though...

Return to “Hardware”