protheanbeacon

Re: N64 HDMI converter thread

Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:57 pm

I'm not sure if it can be updated via jtag but in anycase after emailing Marshall he was able to help me fix the problem via some new firmware update betas he's apparently been working on those of course being known as the 1.05 betas. :P

I tested both at Marshall's urging and the first one solved 99% of the problems the 1.04 update was causing me and the second version of the 1.05 update that he gave to me solved my console's problems as far as I can tell 100%. 8-)

Hopefully for everyone else's sake my console was the only one having issues on the 1.04 firmware as I believe Marshall's latest batch of boards that have just recently gone out may all be operating on the 1.04 firmware.

inspectah

Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:15 am

I also get very slight artifacting when using scanlines with sharp pixels on 1.04.

Only did a short test of the new feature with Conker.
Switched to Retro Mode and they were gone.

On another note:
Marshall, did you ever go through the tedious process of removing both AA cases from a game?

I'm really curious about the actual performance improvement, especially on Rare games.

axlanian

Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:08 am

I've also been getting blue lines across the screen. They randomly start showing up after playing for a little while (could be 10 minutes, could be 60) and they go across the gameplay as well as the black bars on the sides. It doesn't seem to make a difference what settings I have on. They go away when I select "Retro Mode" or "Default Settings", essentially rebooting the UltraHDMI as far as I can tell. But they can randomly come back.

marshallh
Site Admin

Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:59 pm

1.04 causes problems on some units because I rewrote the RAM controller to cement the timing in. From that point onward it should be set in stone and cause no future problems.

Current status: gearing up for official launch. Even though they have been selling for a while it's been a long road bootstrapping enough cash to get larger orders Now things are in the works for a batch that is a few times larger than anything I've done before.

Any demo games you want to see in the promo video?

protheanbeacon

Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:01 pm

"Any demo games you want to see in the promo video?"

Conker's Bad Fur Day, The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time, Perfect Dark, F-Zero X, WWF No Mercy.

Hehehe, I sense you are probably not much of a wrestling fan Marshall but just letting you know that No Mercy is widely considered by the videogame community to be the greatest pro wrestling game to of ever been made so you wouldn't go wrong by including it in your demo footage.

If I only had a capture card I'd go make some footage for you myself using my N64 Ultra HDMI unit of me bashing the Rock's face in with a steel chair held by Stone Cold Steve Austin. :P

Anyway...

Marshall one more thing:

Do you think it would be possible for you to create a firmware update that would allow us to reset the console via a simple button combination like the Hi Def Nes allows?

(Note: it has options in the menu for a soft and hard reset using button combos)

This would be really helpful to us flash cart users and go a long way towards making the N64 console and N64 Ultra HDMI board the best it can be.

Thanks. 8-)

mistamontiel00

Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:39 pm

Hoh poppycock screw WWF it's all about WCW NWO World Tour+Revenge =} And the Japanese variant of WWF Wrestlemania is Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 with new mechanics !

Ya def , Conker and Banjo Tooie PD are must-see through HDMI .. the Ultra kind =}

Button-activated reset would be mighty !! :idea:

axlanian

Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:53 pm

1.04 causes problems on some units because I rewrote the RAM controller to cement the timing in. From that point onward it should be set in stone and cause no future problems.

Current status: gearing up for official launch. Even though they have been selling for a while it's been a long road bootstrapping enough cash to get larger orders Now things are in the works for a batch that is a few times larger than anything I've done before.
So should I sell my UltraHDMI modded console and buy the 1.04 mod when it's released?

marshallh
Site Admin

Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:25 am

You might've misunderstood - 1.04 was a firmware version that has been superceded, it isn't related to the hardware version.

Button reset is definitely possible but it will require running an extra wire inside the console with a new firmware.

Tim.

Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:25 am

Button reset is definitely possible but it will require running an extra wire inside the console with a new firmware.
I am definitely in favor of a button combination reset. Making minor changes (soldering a wire jumper) is no problem for those of us who already installed the UltraHDMI :mrgreen: .
Any demo games you want to see in the promo video?
Banjo-Kazooie!

mistamontiel00

Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:01 pm

Let's also see crappy Killer Instinct 2 (KI Gold *cough*) in HDMI too ^.^

I anxiously await your UltraHDMI official launch !

EDIT: I second that seeing Perfect Dark in new teaser checking out those amazing lights n all effects ! Although then I fear I'm sure they will sell rightoway !!!
Last edited by mistamontiel00 on Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hardware”