z00k

Re: N64 HDMI converter thread

Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:26 pm

Just got my console back today...wow!! Looks amazing. Definitely noticing the difference with Gamma Boost in some games too...no more muddy colors.

On another note, with the N64 powered down, it seems to interfere with HDMI-CEC on my Samsung TV. With the N64 powered up or the HDMI cable disconnected, no issues. Anyone else have any issues?

FelsenMann

Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:35 am

Is anyone selling boards/doing mods now? Will marshallh sell boards directly?

arunningpir8

Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:56 am

I really want to know this as well. I perfectly have the means of installing this myself and would rather do so than send it to someone else. marshallh will you be allowing people to purchase this without the install anywhere?

FelsenMann

Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:25 pm

It seems videogameperfection.com had a few boards for sale, but they are sold out. But it would be nice if we could just buy it straight from marshallh. :)

3l3tric

Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:24 pm

Just got my console back today...wow!! Looks amazing. Definitely noticing the difference with Gamma Boost in some games too...no more muddy colors.

On another note, with the N64 powered down, it seems to interfere with HDMI-CEC on my Samsung TV. With the N64 powered up or the HDMI cable disconnected, no issues. Anyone else have any issues?
Really interesting thought here: Is your 64 plugged into an audio receiver that you're trying to use CEC with? I noticed that my TV's CEC quit working recently (receiver wasn't even discovered by the TV), and I can't remember if this started before or after I plugged the 64 into the receiver through HDMI, so I'm wondering if that may have somehow caused it.

z00k

Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:03 pm

Really interesting thought here: Is your 64 plugged into an audio receiver that you're trying to use CEC with? I noticed that my TV's CEC quit working recently (receiver wasn't even discovered by the TV), and I can't remember if this started before or after I plugged the 64 into the receiver through HDMI, so I'm wondering if that may have somehow caused it.
Yep. Exact same situation. I didn't put it together until I unplugged everything trying to troubleshoot my receiver. Tested it a few times just to make sure it was the N64. It's pretty minor but I'm glad it's not just me.

3l3tric

Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:34 am

Yep. Exact same situation. I didn't put it together until I unplugged everything trying to troubleshoot my receiver. Tested it a few times just to make sure it was the N64. It's pretty minor but I'm glad it's not just me.
Yeah. Strange that it causes this issue. Does UltraHDMI mess with the CEC connection?

Also, I plugged mine into a 720p TV yesterday and the port didn't work. The port had never had that issue before. Plugging it into the other port worked just fine, though. Don't have another device to test with on the first port. Probably just a coincidence there, though.

inspectah

Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:34 am

Is anyone selling boards/doing mods now? Will marshallh sell boards directly?
The only shop at this point that offers installations offically is badassconsoles.com.
If you want to purchase from Marshallh directly, you can send him an email here (bottom of page).
BUT you have to buy at least 3 units, because he only wants to sell to resellers/people who buy multiple units.

There isn´t an offical list of resellers yet, because the official site is still not updated.
I think he will wait until there is constant stock avaliable, since the second batch is already sold out again for installers (new batch should arrive mid-february).

protheanbeacon

Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:51 pm

Is anyone selling boards/doing mods now?
I got one of my new N64's ultra HDMI modded by Wes Almond of retrofixes.com and my original childhood N64 has been sent out to him just earlier today for his deluxe service of installing the ultra HDMI board, RGB, full case cleaning and polishing and adjustment of cartridge and memory expansion pack slots.

I don't think Wes will sell people the boards by themselves though but you could always contact him and ask him for yourself.

He does great work all around and is my go to guy for console mods of any type.

I had a Super Famicom Jr. and SNES Mini RGB modded by him previously and they're still working great along with their red LED's I had him install. :P

Gat0rbait

Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:49 am

Is anyone selling boards/doing mods now?
I got one of my new N64's ultra HDMI modded by Wes Almond of retrofixes.com and my original childhood N64 has been sent out to him just earlier today for his deluxe service of installing the ultra HDMI board, RGB, full case cleaning and polishing and adjustment of cartridge and memory expansion pack slots.

I don't think Wes will sell people the boards by themselves though but you could always contact him and ask him for yourself.

He does great work all around and is my go to guy for console mods of any type.

I had a Super Famicom Jr. and SNES Mini RGB modded by him previously and they're still working great along with their red LED's I had him install. :P
Thats good to hear you have dealt with Wes before I just ran across his site last week and didnt know much about him but he seemed to have good feedback on nintendoage. Sending a jungle green console to him today for the HDMI mod, a little more expensive than BA but I was getting impatient.

Return to “Hardware”