MobiusStripTech

Re: N64 HDMI converter thread

Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:19 am

Sounds like the file is corrupted just based on the description. Marshall will probably have to comment on the error code.
For mod work and questions email us at mobiusstriptech@gmail.com

Twitter: @mobiusstriptech
Youtube: MobiusStripTech

kurtjmeyoung

Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:44 pm

Thanks for your thoughts on this. That's what I thought at first too, but I redownloaded the file multiple times, from both the ultraHDMI installer page, as well as retrorgb.com... So I think it's not a problem of a corrupted file.

MobiusStripTech

Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:51 pm

I flash them with a Neverdrive64 v3 and have never had an issue with it. Try a different sd card maybe?
For mod work and questions email us at mobiusstriptech@gmail.com

Twitter: @mobiusstriptech
Youtube: MobiusStripTech

kurtjmeyoung

Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:14 pm

I already tried that with a SanDisk 2GB SD-Card, but the problem stays the same :cry:

marshallh
Site Admin

Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:48 am

Do you have anything else installed onto the digital rgb lines, such as Tim's RGB kit? That one has super long wires which unfortunately destroys the signal integrity of the video data. The UltraHDMI is failing with 0x3E which means the integrity of the upgrade data was compromised (by the way, the upgrade data is transferred over the video bus)

kurtjmeyoung

Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:12 pm

hello,

sry for the late reply. You're right, I got Tims RGB Mod installed in my N64 as well as the ultraHDMI Kit. So you're saying removing the RGB Mod would solve the problem I got with the ultraHDMI?

kurtjmeyoung

Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:10 am

Just to give you an update on this. I removed Tims RGB-Mod and the problems i had with the ultraHDMI are gone! The firmware update worked flawlessly and everything seems fine now. So thanks for the tip marshallh!

summersofar

Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:57 pm

Hey Marshall, are those cheap upgrade ROMs ready yet? I would like to get my unit upgraded to current FW.

BuckoA51

Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:17 am

Wondering if anyone can help us with an issue with an install on a PAL nus cpu 02? We've installed several of these before, but this one is acting very strangely. Basically the N64s image is shifted down vertically, about 1/4th of the way and the bottom part is cut off.

The menu, when called up using the controller, is still in the centre of the screen however.

We've tried swapping out the board for another one but the problem persists.

The consoles composite output seems to work fine.

Sorry the picture is not great but it should give you the general idea:-

Imageproblematic-n64-hdmi by videogameperfection, on Flickr

Any ideas?

nosignaldetected

Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:49 am

I've installed my UltraHDMI fine (thanks!), but I experienced the audio popping issue.

I set it up to upgrade the firmware to 1.07a via my Neverdrive, but during the upgrade process I lost power - we've got heavy snow here in the UK, and it switched off at the worst time.

It's now bricked.

I have an altera blaster and can flash it via JTAG, but I have no idea how to get the file for it or if it's accessible online. I'd rather not send it to Mashallh for a replacement as I can fix it here.

A there any firmware images for flashing via jtag?

thanks!

Return to “Hardware”