MockyLock

Re: N64 HDMI converter thread

Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:03 am

You can do like me : buy a N64 in US, let the seller send it to your chosen installer in US, then let him ship it back to you.

Glottis

Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:42 am

Hmmm, very true.
I guess I was simply hoping there would be a bit of a more convenient way.
Still holding out hope that some seller will give that option, but yeah otherwise the "send unit from EBay" alternative will probably be the way I'll go about it.

inspectah

Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:06 am

So badassconsoles is already ordering the third batch and we still have zero official information.
What is going in?
Marshallh where are you?
What about Europe?

Ewano

Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:46 am

I'm new to the forum, but I've been following the development of this project for a couple of years now.

I'm looking into offering an installation service in the UK (maybe EU later). I'm currently looking into costings to work out how much I'll need to charge for the service.

Once I've figured out some ball park figures, I'll post a message inquiring after UK interest and see where we go from there.

I suggest anyone interested drop me a PM rather than clogging up this thread with requests.

marshallh
Site Admin

Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:33 am

It's done! There were some big problems before I could take people's money though -

Started taking orders through Paypal and quickly realized that was a disaster, they grabbed my money and threw a kink right before I was going to announce to installers.
So, I went through about 20 online shopping cart systems and paired one up with a card processor, and just a couple days opened ordering to everyone that emailed me ahead of time.

If you want to be an installer (buy kits) just email me as on the front page, I'll send you all the info.
We blew through most of my stockpile -- there are some left still, but it looks like I'll have to turn right back around and get more in production!

I want to announce to everybody ASAP - but doing that doesn't make sense when installer's units are still in transit! The main site will go live shortly and then a message will shoot off to everybody in the mailing list.

Sit tight people, it's on the way 8-)

Disco_Stu

Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:28 am

Great news marshallh! Can't wait to get my hands on it :lol:
//Stu

MAX

Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:28 am

So pumped! I shot you an e-mail at the 2635 one. I hope that was the one you were referring to.

Ewano

Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:03 pm

Most of my work revolves around work fixing laptops and computers, so I'm new to console mods. I have a few questions to clarify my understanding of the results that the mod will achieve on differing hardware.

I understand that you are taking a frame feed direct from the RPC, then buffering and processing it then outputting the audio and video signals over HDMI at a standardized signal frequency.

1) Will this affect the traditional analogue signals that can be output from the system?

I'm wondering about this for two reasons:

a) I only have analogue inputs on my amp and - well I want to make sure I can use my own console!
b) Would it be possible to use it for demo purposes side by side to show the difference in output to modern TV equipment.

2) I've been reading around the subject concerning NTSC and PAL units and their frame rates. As far as I can tell European units are driven at a slower base clock rate in order to reduce the output for PAL signal to 50Hz.

Am I correct in thinking that the clock rate of a unit affects the overall execution speed of the console with the result that even with the HDMI mod installed, a PAL unit will still run at 83% of the speed of an NTSC unit - but that no matter what the base clock speed is, the HDMI mod output will run at a standardized HDMI signal rate?

In other words for the fastest playing console in Europe:

HDMI mod an NTSC unit then:
either use a 64Drive to play NTSC versions of your games
- or -
swap out your PAL games for NTSC.

MAX

Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:39 pm

http://ultrahdmi.retroactive.be/

Scroll down to the bottom and you will see "Use both Plugs at once." I assume they don't effect each other.

inspectah

Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:03 pm

*snip*
Last edited by inspectah on Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hardware”