inspectah

Re: N64 HDMI converter thread

Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:43 am

I´m also desperately waiting for Marshalls response, because I have a UHDMI unit, that doesn´t output a signal.

MAX

Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:18 pm

I´m also desperately waiting for Marshalls response, because I have a UHDMI unit, that doesn´t output a signal.

I'm assuming since you have done multiple installs you have tested the problem PCB with a known working flex cable?

inspectah

Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:47 pm

I'm assuming since you have done multiple installs you have tested the problem PCB with a known working flex cable?
Of course.

Marshall has already replacement units on my way.

Tsurugi_Takuma

Thu May 05, 2016 4:45 am

Are there new shipments on the way Marshall? Waiting for my installer to get a batch, but he doesn't have an idea when they will be available again?

Something this great has to be made available asap :D

Tim.

Sat May 07, 2016 4:36 pm

Marshall,

I notice that with my 64Drive + UltaHDMI when playing NES games (via Neon64) there is a lot of faint visual noise and some audio popping. Visual noise very obvious when on the race track for R/C Pro Am II (the grass has lots of noise), and audio popping is pretty obvious when playing Super Mario Bros 3.

I understand that the UltaHDMI is optimized for the best N64 video performance and that this is definitely not that target or expectation of the mod. That said is this something that can be addressed with a firmware update? I have tried disabling all video options/enhancements within the UltaHDMI and the visual/audio noise persists.

MAX

Sun May 08, 2016 4:41 pm

Have you updated to 1.03 already?

whyat

Wed May 18, 2016 4:48 pm

I saved when I disabled the hotkey, is there a way to reenable it? Maybe upgrading the firmware?

edit:
Upgraded the firmware via the 1.03 update and defaults were reset fixing it.

marshallh
Site Admin

Thu May 19, 2016 8:01 pm

there is a lot of faint visual noise and some audio popping. Visual noise very obvious when on the race track for R/C Pro Am II (the grass has lots of noise), and audio popping is pretty obvious when playing Super Mario Bros 3.
Do you have any pictures of the phenomenon occuring? Which firmware version?

Everybody else sit tight more units are on the way.

juji82

Thu May 19, 2016 8:49 pm

:shock: :shock:
Let me know! Need to order quite big stock :D :D

Tim.

Mon May 23, 2016 9:55 pm

Do you have any pictures of the phenomenon occuring? Which firmware version?
Difficult to take a picture of it. If you play RC Pro Am II and just start the first race, turn scan lines off, and look at the green field. Even when the game is paused there is a ton of faint visual noise. In the picture the green should be a single solid color. Instead there are bright and low spots all over the place constantly shifting. It is not JPEG compression, that is how it actually looks on the TV. I took a video that shows the flickering visual noise. It is quite easy to see with the human eye, but cameras have a hard time capturing it. This does not occur with N64 titles.

Image: http://imgur.com/KvMqRpn
Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B695Hc ... sp=sharing
Have you updated to 1.03 already?
I was on 1.02. I updated to 1.03 after reviewing the changlog (which specifically references audio issues, hah!) and it certainly did resolve the audio issues I had with NES games. Thanks for the heads up!

That said I do notice now when turning the N64 on there is a soft pop (common when starting some games) but then a chirp sound a second later as the menu comes on screen. It did not chirp like that before the firmware update. Not a huge deal, but thought I should mention it.

Return to “Hardware”