byc

Re: N64 HDMI converter thread

Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:13 am

Any demo games you want to see in the promo video?
Wonder Project J2
Star Wars Rogue Squadron
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil

basically pixely games, hi-res games, ones that don't work well on emulators, japanese ones etc.

but of course classics:

Super Mario 64
Ocarina of Time / Majora's Mask
Conker
Star Fox 64
Kirby
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Stadium 2
Jet Force Gemini
Mario Party 2
Paper Mario
Yoshi Story

Those would show off a lot more detail and not just blurred textures and gouraud shading.

Can't wait to see UltraHDMI available to a wider audience, haven't yet got one myself, definitely want one.

iray1979

Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:22 pm

Hi Marshall, are there any additional graphic output settings you have been looking into implementing in the near future?

marshallh
Site Admin

Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:09 pm

Hi Marshall, are there any additional graphic output settings you have been looking into implementing in the near future?
I'm always open to suggestions, I probably can't implement much more due to various limitations. I am looking into doing better de-interlacing but it'll be quite the task. The board has a soft CPU that runs the menu and programs the scaler settings - if I can keep whittling down its size which I've been doing each release I may eventually have enough leftover block ram to do some more stuff (Even saving a few hundred bytes on a 18KB binary is a big deal!)

mistamontiel00

Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:19 am

OH please tease California Speed's infamous placeholder billboard @ start of that track :lol:

iray1979

Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:42 pm

I'm always open to suggestions, I probably can't implement much more due to various limitations. I am looking into doing better de-interlacing but it'll be quite the task. The board has a soft CPU that runs the menu and programs the scaler settings - if I can keep whittling down its size which I've been doing each release I may eventually have enough leftover block ram to do some more stuff (Even saving a few hundred bytes on a 18KB binary is a big deal!)
Thank you for the update. I look forward to checking out more of your work on this.

RdCrestdBreegull

Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:41 pm

Hi, I believe someone reported the same issue earlier in the thread and I wanted to bring it to your attention as well. When my UltraHDMI is plugged into my A/V receiver, the HDMI Audio Return Channel will not work. When it is unplugged, the ARC works just fine. I've had my receiver since the first half of this year and could never get the ARC to work with my Smart TV's Netflix (had to resort to using optical audio), but I remembered that another member had this issue and I just unplugged my N64 and got the ARC working for the very first time.

My equipment:
Samsung UN40H6350AF Smart TV (latest firmware)
Anthem MRX1120 receiver (latest firmware)
UltraHDMI N64 firmware 1.03

inspectah

Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:59 am

^Yes, compatibility to ARC is also my number one wishlist feature.
I'm using a Denon 1912.
Please look into it Marshall.

Umayer

Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:05 pm

Hi,

I've been lurking this forum for a while now to see when the mod is on sale but I haven't seen any official announcements yet. But I see that some people already have the mod. Does anyone know where to buy the hdmi mod somewhere in Europe?

protheanbeacon

Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:01 am

Hi,
Does anyone know where to buy the hdmi mod somewhere in Europe?
Yep.

Just do a google search for videogameperfection.com which is located in the UK and run by a good guy named Matt Buxton. :P

MRKane

Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:04 pm

So amongst those of us in New Zealand the pickings are a little slim. In saying that I've also got about enough experience to install these units (based off of the videos that I've watched).

How on earth would I go about buying a small batch (say: 5) to start doing installs for our tiny country? I'm sure there's something I've missed as I've pitifully little time to get onto the net, but any poking the the correct direction is greatly appreciated!

Return to “Hardware”